Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bloom: Digi-Hybrid Layout


Spring is my favorite season, and I usually end up with lots of spring photos.  I've been just dying to scrap some of my recent photos of blossoms.  So, when the Color Room announced its latest palette (Number 60) was a grouping of pastel colors, I decided that this would be the week to scrap my spring blossom photos.  Since I recently posted about digi-hybrid cards, I decided that this layout would also be digi-hybrid.  Here it is (below)!

Supplies: dark pink and light pink cardstock (Echo Park), light green cardstock (Bazzill), software (digiKam and walgreens.com), chipboard circles (DCWV), label stickers (My Mind's Eye), alphabet stickers (Echo Park), flowers (Petaloo), fussy-cut "be yourself" paper (Pink Paislee), fussy-cut tree (Bo-Bunny Press), border punch (EK Success), adhesive (3M & Glue Dots International), color inspiration (The Color Room #60).

Since I had so many photos I wanted to fit on the page, I created a photo collage at walgreens.com.  That web site offers many sizes and styles of collages, and it is easy to use.  I also wanted to give my self-portrait a little special treatment, so I added a lavender border to it in digiKam, my photo-management program.  By the way, I like this self-portrait much better than my silly Mister Roboto one in my recycled bead post .  :)

Everything else on the page is made traditionally (as opposed to digitally).  I was so in love with the pale pink color that I did some tone-on-tone work (below), just so that I could have more pink on my page.  :)


As an extra, whimsical touch, I used flowers instead of stickers for the two O's in the word "bloom" (below).  :)


I mostly wanted to let the photos speak for themselves in this layout, so there is not much journaling.  The only bit is on the tag sticker at the bottom.  There I wrote: "Last year I was sick in bed during spring.  This year I made sure not to miss spring!"  I cannot believe how quickly spring flew by this year, but I sure am glad that I got to enjoy it and photograph it.  It's hard to believe that summer is already here, but I'm glad that it is.  Here in Minnesota we had a long, cold, snowy, winter, so I'm really ready for hot weather now.  Hope you're having nice weather where you live.  Thanks for stopping by to look at my layout!
 

No comments: