Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Reduce Photo Paper Wastage (Idea 2 of 3)

Hello!  I'm back with my next idea for reducing photo-paper wastage.  Today's idea is to print photos as a collage (see below).  Doing this allowed me to get photos of different sizes all printed on one 8x10" sheet.  And since I didn't do any physical cropping of prints, I didn't have to throw any wasted photo paper in the garbage bin.

Supplies: assorted solid cardstock (all from Wausau Paper), stickers (all from Doodlebug Design), corner rounder (Creative Memories), pen (Zig), collage printing service (walgreens.com)

When I use this technique, I have my photo collages printed at Walgreens.  When I upload my photos to walgreens.com, I can choose from a variety of sizes and styles of collages.  Since I already had a color-scheme in mind for this page, I chose a bright orange color for my collage background.  Walgreens offers a variety of background colors, ranging from brights to pastels to neutrals.  You can have your collage mailed to you, or you can pick it up at your local Walgreens store.


I broke up the straight lines of my collage with a strategically-placed flower sticker (above).


I also dressed up one letter in my title with a flower sticker (above).





Could those animal stickers (four photos above) from Doodlebug Design be any cuter?  I think not!  Just seeing them puts a smile on my face.  I also love how well they coordinate with the Doodlebug border sticker that I placed at the top of the page.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I'll be back later this week with the final post in this little series on reducing photo paper wastage.  In the mean time, I have a question for you.  Do you ever have trouble with Blogger displaying your list of followers?  Sometimes I can see my followers list, and sometimes I can't.  Reloading the page makes the list appear sometimes, but not others.  I can't see any rhyme or reason to this.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this idea Denise! I'm going to try it if I can think far enough in advance :)

Ella Swan said...

I so agree! I love printing out my photos in collages & as you say there is then almost zero wastage. In fact I keep my offcuts of photo paper for printing my journaling on so hardly waste a scrap!!