Sunday, September 4, 2011

Turning Sticker Scraps into Journaling Lines

Hello again, friends!  My last two posts have featured layouts with one of my favorite supplies: Doodlebug Design border stickers.  When I use those border stickers, I often have to trim them down to a smaller size.  So, I end up with lots of leftover little bits and pieces of border stickers.  I decided to challenge myself to use up those bits and pieces, and I hit upon the idea of using them as lines for journaling.  Today I want to share with you a layout called "Happy" (below) that features this idea.

Supplies: cardstock (American Crafts),  pale green patterned paper (Colorbok), all other patterned paper (My Mind's Eye), "Happy" banner stickers (Basic Grey), yellow snowflake border sticker (Bo-Bunny Press), all other border stickers (Doodlebug Design), dot stickers (trimmed from Doodlebug Design border stickers), large journaling spot (Bo-Bunny Press), small journaling spot (Echo Park), yellow/white label sticker (Creative Imaginations), mini alphabet stickers (October Afternoon), mini number stickers (Creative Imaginations), blue snowflake sticker (Bo-Bunny Press), blue corner stickers (Bo-Bunny Press), border punch (EK Success), pen (Zig by EK Success).

The journaling reads: "Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa Price's was a happy affair.  There were cookies, gifts, and smiles!  :)"

Did you spot bits and pieces of border stickers in other places on the layout, too?  I really had a ball with them on this layout.

Christmas is still quite some time away, but autumn will soon be upon us in the northern hemisphere.  To my American readers, I want to say "Happy Labor Day weekend!"  To my other northern hemisphere readers, I want to say, "Happy Autumn!"  And to my southern hemisphere readers, I want to say, "Happy Spring!"  Whatever season it is where you live, I hope you have a great day today.  Thanks for stopping by my blog.

1 comment:

Scott Price said...

I liked your use of sticker scraps.