Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hello, Autumn!

Here in the Northern Hemisphere, autumn officially began this past Saturday.  It arrived right on schedule.  Temperatures dipped, and we had to turn on our heater for the first time since spring.  Also on Saturday, while I was driving my son home from his kung fu class, traffic was stopped on a county road by my home, because a flock of wild turkeys was crossing the road!  They were so funny to see.  They strutted slowly across the street, with plenty of attitude, not caring in the slightest that traffic was backing up in both directions.  :)

Supplies: tags by Crate Paper; kraft cardstock by Jillibean Soup; snake paper and striped paper by Fab Scraps; green paper by Paper Loft; all other papers by Bo Bunny; circular stickers by Fab Scraps; green alphabet stickers by Basic Grey; orange & yellow alphabet stickers by Bella Blvd; mini alphabet stickers by Lily Bee Design; tape sticker by Simple Stories; pen by Zig; ink by Stewart Superior; natural vintage twine.

Now that fall is here, I thought it would be the perfect time to share the "Nature Center" layout that you see above.  The shades of gold and brown in it  just scream "autumn" to me.


The striped paper and snake paper that you see here are from the Rustic collection by the South African firm Fab Scraps.  Even though Fab Scraps does some of their manufacturing in the USA, I had not seen any of their products in stores here until recently.  I love the richness and depth of their paper designs, and I'm so happy that I finally get to work with these papers!  Just look at the detail in the snake illustration.  My little guy loves this paper.  As you can see, he's a big fan of snakes, and he even likes to impersonate them by sticking out his tongue.  :)


I also used some brown paper from the Weekend Market collection by Bo Bunny--including the dark brown torn strip that separates the two photos on my layout.  I made this layout at a crop, where my friend remarked that the torn strip looks like a snake's shed skin.  That wasn't my intention, but I'll go with it, since it fits my theme.  :)


The journaling reads: "One Saturday the nature center had a special "meet the animals" program.  The naturalist took the animals out of their tanks, one by one, and the kids got to touch them."  This was a very fun program, especially for my son, whose favorite animals are the creepy-crawly ones.  :)

Hope that your autumn (or your spring, depending on which side of the world you call home) is off to a good start!  Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool page with verry nice photo's .I like the tags on the page
byebyeeee,Lean

Ella Swan said...

Love the beautiful colouring on this page & the cute photos! Spring is in full swing here :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Definitely the perfect colors for fall. Love the design and fun way you labeled the photos.

juscrap said...

Beautiful page! Love the colours and the tags. xx

Patricia said...

very beautiful page...

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Love the layering and the colors, Denise! We have the monsoon season in Hyderabad now.

LG said...

I love this one! Soooooo beautiful!