Friday, November 30, 2012

Fall Flower Show Photos

This year I have developed a tradition on my blog of sharing photos from the seasonal shows at the Como Park Conservatory.  Today, I would like to share a few photos from their Fall 2012 show.


Naturally, any fall flower show is bound to feature lots of chrysanthemums.  My favorite "mum" from this show is the one that you see above.  To me it looks like a big, yellow sea anemone.  Just look at all those gorgeous, feathery, buttery-yellow petals!


Chrysanthemums are expected at a fall flower show, but Swiss chard is unexpected.  What a delightful surprise this row of Swiss chard, with its colorful stems, was!  In fact, I think the Swiss chard was my favorite part of the show.


Near the reflecting pool there were dark red chrysanthemums, with graceful stems of ornamental grass in the background.


I thought the Conservatory would be busy on a Saturday afternoon in October, but we practically had the place to ourselves!


It was very cold outside on the day that we visited the Conservatory, so we also made a point of soaking up the warmth in the tropical rooms in the greenhouse.  Ahhhh, it was like paradise!  The little dude even rolled up the cuffs of his jeans, as if it were summer.  :)

Como Park's Winter Holiday Flower Show opens this weekend.  Although I'm not planning to attend opening weekend, I do plan to get there at some point in December.  I'll be sure to share the photos with you.  For now, feel free to view my posts about Como's Spring Flower Show and Summer Flower Show, if you're in the mood for more botanical goodness.

I'll be back again tomorrow with another blog post.  See you then!

4 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Your photos are absolutely stunning, you just know what works in a photo.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Wow! Beautiful flowers! Beautiful photos!

Patricia said...

very beautiful photots... future scrap pages for you !!!

Ella Swan said...

Oh yes I love this tradition!! SUch beautiful photos & I agree the Swiss Chard is a show stopper!! I forgot to say congratulations on the S&A pub again too!!