Friday, November 1, 2013

Just for Fun!

Hello, friends!  I hope that the first day of November is treating you well so far.  And, if you celebrated Halloween yesterday, then I hope it was fun for you.  Speaking of fun, today I'm going to show you a project that I made just for fun.  Not for any challenge.  Not for any design team work.  Just because I wanted to.  :)


So, you may ask, what are these things?  Do you recognize them?  Perhaps you played with them as a child?


They are paper fortune tellers.  I made a whole bunch of them for a Halloween party that my son had over the weekend.  Actually, the ones that you see in this post are just the leftovers.  I made extras, so that the kids could have a variety of styles and colors from which to choose.


The 6x6" Crate Paper "Pretty Party" pad worked a treat for this project.  The papers are printed on one side but plain white on the other (so that the kids can write in the fortunes), and there is a good mix of "boyish" and "girlish" patterns.  These fortune tellers are quick to make, plus they are lots of fun.  Want to make your own fortune teller?  A simple search will show that instructions and examples abound on the web; there is even a Wikipedia article!

It's always nice to make a "just for fun" project.  I hope that the upcoming weekend will bring some fun, creative time for you.  Have a good one!

8 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fun, I remember playing them when I was young! : )

Patricia said...

so adorable.. I make this when I was children !!! very beautiful with the patterned paper !

Halle said...

I didn't recognize them from the top view photo. My DD has a giant one made from a poster board...one of her prized possessions.

Sharon Fritchman said...

It's fun to do things just because you want to, isn't it? I love that you shared these with us, Denise! Thanks!!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I remember making those and playing with them. This brings back memories.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Thanks for bringing back a fun childhood memory, Denise! :)

Denise van Deventer said...

These are so cool Denise! We often used to make them as kids too...I think we drove my parents crazy!!!!! ;-)

Chantalle said...

These are so much fun! Josh was asking me to make him one a couple of weeks ago - so many childhood memories just came flooding back!