Tuesday, June 3, 2014

What are you Doing this Summer?

It's already June, and the end of the school year is in sight...are you ready for the summer?  Summer is a time for FUN, and I thought I'd let you know of a couple of ways that you can have fun in online artistic communities this summer.


The image you see above is a sneak peek for my June Child's Play Challenges design team work.  My term on the design team has been extended for the rest of the calendar year, so you'll see lots of playful scrapbooking prompts from me this summer (and beyond).  Our June challenge goes live tomorrow, so you'll soon find out what happens when "AUS Meets USA."



The other fun summer community that I'm planning to spend time in this summer is Summer of Color Four.  This is a weekly color prompt community for all kinds of artists.  Last year I participated in Summer of Color Three, and I made several scrapbook pages as well as a beaded necklace.  This year I'm thinking of doing more beadwork, as well as making my own patterned paper, or perhaps doing some art journaling...we'll see where the color prompts lead me.


You can find out more about Child's Play Challenges on the group's blog


And you can learn more about Summer of Color Four on the blog of SOC hostess Kristin.  

Hope to see you all this summer!  Let's have fun.  :)

3 comments:

Vicki Miller said...

Aus Meets USA sound very intriguing!

Lynette Jacobs said...

The cold is blowing in over my neck in the woods...and winter is upon us. Not my favorite time of year.

Kristin said...

Awe, thank you for this post! SO happy to have you playing along this year - and now I'm curious as to what you'll end up doing ;) See you Monday, xo