Wednesday, December 10, 2014

10 on the 10th: Winter Colors

Hi, all!  Wow, time really flies.  It's already the last month of the year, and it's time for my final "Ten on the Tenth" post for 2014.  As always with these Ten on the Tenth posts, I put together a kit from my stash and challenged myself to use up the kit by making three projects.  Here are the supplies I chose for this month.  My kit has a "winter whites" theme for December.

10 supplies: items 1 & 2 (cardstock): kraft cardstock from Bazzill; items 3 & 4 (patterned papers): assorted woodgrain papers from KaiserCraft; items 5 & 6 (embellishments): rub-on alphabet from October Afternoon & foil butterflies from Dufex; items 7 & 8 (nonconsumables): penguin stamp from Savvy Stamps & nesting doll stamp from Stampendous; items 9 & 10 (throwaway items): striped twist tie from candy packaging & net bag from gift packaging.

Below is a peek at the flipsides of the patterned papers, as well as some of the smaller items from the kit.  Like last month, I decided to err on the side of caution and include in my kit more paper scraps, not less.  Again, that worked well, and I was really productive. 


The first thing I made with the kit was a light and airy card.

Additional supplies: airmail paper from Echo Park; corner punch from Creative Memories; ink from Autumn Leaves/Stampology; spray mist from October Afternoon; upcycled wrapping tissue & kraft price tag with jute tie; ribbon from my stash.

Next I made a scrapbook page, which you may have already seen, since I entered it in a couple different challenges.  (Knowing what a busy month December is, I made these projects well in advance.)

Previously blogged here.

Finally, I created one more page, entitled "Zoo-venirs," to use up the last bits of the kit.

Additional supplies: stickers from October Afternoon; stamping ink from Hero Arts; rhinestones from Dee's Place; pens from Zig.

As the title implies, this page houses photos and souvenirs from a winter trip to the Lake Superior Zoo.  I had fun creating "secret hiding places" for all the memorabilia on the page.


A couple of extra photos, along with a cute stamped penguin, hang out in a pocket at the top of the page.


Clear photo corners hold the snow leopard post card in place.  This makes it easy to remove the post card...


...in order to read the information on the back.  Beneath the snow leopard post card is--surprise!--a bear post card, which is also removable.


The alphabet rub-ons from my kit were getting brittle with age, so I thought it best to use them all.  I decorated a scrap of kraft paper with the rub-ons, then trimmed the scrap into a decorative tag.  The tag grounds the flattened penny souvenir that my son made for me at the zoo.

That's it for this post!  I hope you enjoyed seeing what I made with my kit of leftovers.  I plan to continue sharing my de-stashing efforts next year, but I'll have a fresh new format for 2015.  Watch for the first post in January!

7 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Denise! WOW! All three projects that you completed are absolutely gorgeous. The colors are very beautiful and you used them so well. I love the textures, too! Happy Holidays to you and your family! HUGS!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Well done...love that crackly paper...so pretty.

Carol L said...

You continue to amaze me with the way you use your stash! I love all those hidden pockets on your layout that keep those precious memory tokens safe through the years! Nice job as always!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a fabulous card, Denise!! And such adorable layouts!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

IrinaR (Irina Rakovets) said...

Удивительные проекты, Дениз!!! и открытка и страницы!!! Классно!!!
мне особенно понравилась страница, где бумага имитирует березовую кору)))))))
Amazing projects, Denise !!! and card and pages !!! Cool!
I especially liked the page where the paper birch bark mimics)))))))

Patricia said...

all is fabulous !

Patricia said...

all is fabulous...