Monday, December 15, 2014

CPC Lite Brite Reveal

Dear readers, I have some good news and some bad news for you today.  The good news is that it's time for the mid-month prompt to go live on the Child's Play Challenges (CPC) blog.  The bad news is that this is the final CPC challenge...ever.  CPC is closing down at the end of 2014.  But as they say, "Don't cry because it's over.  Smile because it happened."  I think that our final CPC challenge is sure to bring a smile to your face.  In fact, my sample page is all about joy.

Supplies: orange cardstock from Wausau Paper; black cardstock from Bazzill; dotted paper from Echo Park; bokeh paper from Lawn Fawn; scalloped paper from Crate; paper confetti from October Afternoon; stickers from Bo Bunny; pen from Foray.
 
For this challenge we invite you to create a scrapbook page inspired by the Lite-Brite toy.  I do have Christmas memories associated with this toy.  (Thank you, Santa Claus!)  However, I don't have any photos of myself playing with the Lite-Brite back in the day.  That's okay, though.  At CPC, we encourage everyone to interpret our challenges broadly.  And that's what I did, this time around...


For my page, I used photos of my son and husband preparing cupcakes.  Although my page topic has nothing to do with Lite-Brite toys, you can see how the Lite-Brite influenced my page design.


I imitated the look of the Lite-Brite by scattering confetti across a dark background.


I call this page "The Joy of Cooking," and the journaling reads "Who knew that making orange cupcakes could be so fun!  We should all approach life with this much enthusiasm."


I hope that you'll consider approaching our final Child's Play challenge with enthusiasm.  I'd love to see your interpretation.  You have until the end of December to link your page up on the CPC blog.  Happy scrapping!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved my light brite toy - which I too got for Christmas, and i love your layout. Fantastic picture of your son. His level of enthusiasm would be hard to match.

Carol L said...

The light brite was one of the best toys I ever received! I spent hours upon hours designing with it! Great layout, and I love seeing how families cook/bake together!

IrinaR (Irina Rakovets) said...

Очень классная страничка Дениз!!! Это так здорово и радостно, когда сын вместе с отцом готовят кексы!
Very cool page Denise !!! It is so great and happy when his son with his father preparing cupcakes!