Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A Cat from the Past

Hi everyone, I hope that you are all doing well.  I have been enjoying summer to the fullest, spending time in the sun, and going on lots of outings.  This does not leave a whole lot of time for scrapbooking.  But, when I saw that Berry71Bleu's current challenge is to use die cuts, I decided to play along.  Those pre-packaged die cuts make scrapping quick & easy, so this is a perfect challenge for busy summer days.  I decided to make a page about Toby, the cat that Scott's grandparents had when he was growing up.
 
Supplies: cardstock from Neenah Paper; floral paper from Crate; typewriter word paper from American Crafts; arrow die cut, round die cuts, tab die cuts, & enamel shapes from October Afternoon; label & banner die cuts from Elle's Studio; alphabet stickers from Simple Stories; flower from Prima; pen from Foray; twine from my stash.

I used die cuts from two different packs.  The label and banner die cuts are from the "Everyday Moments--Bits and Pieces" pack by Elle's Studio.  The arrow, tabs, and round die cuts are from the "Public Library--Tidbits" pack by October Afternoon.  I layered together die cuts of different sizes to enhance my layout. 




I also added die cuts along the sides of the photos.  To complement the offset photos, I also offset my journaling.  It says: "One day Toby just walked into Scott's grandparents' house and 'adopted' them.  This spunky cat brought big smiles to many people, both young and old.  He knew how to be in the right place at the right time."


I enjoy hearing my husband's stories about Toby.  And I was glad that I could make this page for him.  I'll add it to the scrapbook that I'm making with photos from his childhood.  Thanks for popping by my blog today to take a look!

10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How adorable. You had me at "a cat." Die cuts are fun and you used them to your advantage, too. So glad you showed us Toby, because he sounds like he was a really fun cat. Bleubeard just gave it two paws up, too.

Denise van Deventer said...

So glad to hear you are enjoying summer Denise. It's certainly so much nice to be outdoors and enjoying the sun. Super page though and love all the little die-cut elements...very sweet! Great photo's too...Toby looks like a super companion. ;-)

IrinaR (Irina Rakovets) said...

Бесподобный кот (вероятно, та ещё рыжая бестия? мм...) и чудесная страничка, Дениз!!!
...как нельзя кстати, фишка с птичкой - очень здорово вписалась!
Hugs!

Unknown said...

Very sweet Denise and such great photos too! I especially like the "library" tabs along the photo edges. They enhance without intruding on the lovely photos.

Carole Wright said...

Hi this is adorable, great use of dies, thank you for joining in with our challenge this month at BERRY71BLEU x

Kay F said...

Love those photos & the handwritten journaling adds a fantastic personal touch! Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu!

Dana Tatar said...

I love the photo tabs and journaling on this page! Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu!

TandiArt said...

Such a thoughtful layout! Love it! Thank you for taking part in Berry71Bleu Challenge!xx Sylwia

Denise van Deventer said...

Meant to also add... Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)

Halle said...

Wonderful page. The flag on the banner is so sweet.