Saturday, August 8, 2015

Orange + Orange + Blue

Supplies: paper, mists, & enamel shapes from October Afternoon; pen from Foray; thread from DMC; chipboard from Scrapmatts; mask & button from my stash.

Hello!  I've finally managed to grab a moment to finish up with my sixth (and last) Summer of Color project, another scrapbook page.  The color combo this time around is 2 oranges + 1 blue.  Since the only mists that I own (!) are orange and blue, it was an easy choice to create a misted background for the page.  For the rest of the page, I went with a fun, eclectic look.  Here are a few detail shots.





This is the last year for Summer of Color, so I wanted to be sure to do all the prompts, even though it took me a little longer this year.  Thank you, Kristin, for organizing the Summer of Color--it's been great!   

6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wasn't it sad that there will be no more SOC? It was one summer obsession I always looked forward to. I'm so glad you finished, and really loved the photos. Of course, I have a real love for the Mississippi, anyway. Really great way (and layout) to go out in style!!!

IrinaR (Irina Rakovets) said...

Wonderful page, Denise !!!! so well blended colors! And I really liked the fact that you used the line, hand-stitched (stitched both the arrow and the sun)
Замечательная страничка, Дениз!!!! так хорошо сочетаются цвета! а еще мне очень понравилось, что ты использовала строчку, прошитую вручную (как прошита стрелочка и солнышко)

Patricia said...

A beautiful layout...

Lynette Jacobs said...

Absolutely beautiful...lovely color combo and love the stitching.

Caz said...

Oh this is lovely!! I love the shades you have used, very calming and nice :-)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous page!