Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Cruciform Dragonfly (OBW365)

I am happy to be participating in the Our Beautiful World link party today.  It has been awhile since I've had the chance to participate there.  The theme for this week is beads.



These are photos of a dragonfly necklace that I made in July.  The dragonfly has a rather cruciform shape, and the overall design of the necklace is reminiscent of a rosary.  I enjoyed using non-religious items to invoke religious imagery.  I also enjoyed finding interesting ways to photograph the necklace.  


If you would like to see more beautiful bead photos from around the world, then I invite you to check out the Our Beautiful World blog.  Have fun!

7 comments:

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

This is gorgeous! I love the subtly of the Rosary. Blessings!

Greta said...

Beautiful work--love the colors!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is awesome, thanks for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World!

JD/ Jill said...

This is so pretty! I'm brand new to beading. Your beautiful piece has inspired me to keep trying.

Thank you for the nice comments on my blog...and Yes, My weekly craft nights are a blast. I so look forward to them every week. They keep me going...smile.

Contagiously Crafty said...

Beautiful art and photos. So glad to have found you through Our Beautiful World.

Lorraine said...

I love the way you photographed your necklace. The scrolling of the beads makes it so interesting. And the necklace itself is very lovely.

Unknown said...

Soo pretty!